The FAA has mandated ADS-B Out capabilities for flight after January 1, 2020, for flight in most airspace where a Mode C transponder is required today. There is one significant exception: ADS-B also will be required in certain airspace above the Gulf of Mexico. Here are the specifics:
- Class A, B, and C airspace;
- Class E airspace at or above 10,000 feet msl, excluding airspace at and below 2,500 feet agl;
- Within 30 nautical miles of a Class B primary airport (the Mode C veil);
- Above the ceiling and within the lateral boundaries of Class B or Class C airspace up to 10,000 feet;
- Class E airspace over the Gulf of Mexico, at and above 3,000 feet msl, within 12 nm of the U.S. coast.
Please email or call us to schedule your ADS-B install soon!